Sunday, September 19, 2010

Look what we've been up to....

Wow, long time no blog! We've been busy - work, school, church and everything else in between.

We have been busy working on a project for the last couple of months.... yip its taken us this long to fins the time here and there to complete it!
We brought a manrobe off Trade Me a couple of months ago for our spare room - it was white and chipped and ugly, so we removed all the handles and painted it up....
Before:

After:

All painted up and handles put back on - the colour is a dark brown called Mayor Island. I love it! It was a joint effort - we both painted, and my wonderful husband put all the handles back on and did this:

He put a new pipe/ hanging rod thingee in but put it the opposite way so that it can fit a full size coathanger! Clever Man!
and I spent forever putting pretty patterned paper on the back wall just to add a nice little touch (forever I tell you because the stupid spray glue wouldn't stick so I used my trusty Mod Podge)

Not bad aye??

Im happy with it for now but not sure how long its life in this house will be. What do you think?

2 comments:

Angela said...

Impressive!!!

the lady in red said...

Love it, but not as much as I love YOU!! xxx