Monday, April 19, 2010

A what sandwich??

So..... As you all know, we were due to leave Dunedin today (Monday 19th) but another hiccup prevented us from going once again.... This time our Little Miss got sick with Bronciolitis and we were advised it would be best not to travel so we delayed our ferry crossing until tomorrow (Tuesday).

Tonight, in preperation for our long journey to the ferry, I decided to be a good wife and mummy and make a packed lunch for us to eat on the way so that as long as our Little Miss is sleeping, we can continue driving.

So I prepare to make sandwiches, and Patricia is standing beside me watching - she says to me, "would you like some spreads for your sandwiches" and i say, "spreads, what do you mean"... she then looks at me puzzled and says, "you know, like Marmite or Jam"

I laugh and say, "nah, i've got Lettuce, meat, cheese and tomato, so I can make 'Man Sandwiches' for Matthew"....

BLESS HER HEART.... She replies,

"Oh, you want Antique Sandwiches"
LOVE LOVE LOVE her!
Here is what an Antique Sandwich looks like:

2 comments:

bubby69 said...

I didn't even get to say farewell on Sunday ripped!!! All the best see you in Sept. Big big hugs from the Finnie's and please please keep blogging xxxx

Anonymous said...

Lovely chopping board!