The thing that I love about being on holiday right now is that we get to spend time together as a family, but the other thing I love almost more than that is that I get to complete some of the projects I have had lined up for a long time.
These holidays - my wonderful husband has been out in our yard, digging gardens and dirt, chopping down trees and firewood and doing a lot of work around the house to tidy it up and make it better - it looks SO great! I now love walking up and down our path because I'm not going to get attacked by bushes and hanging branches - if I could be bothered i'd walk up and down it all day just cos I love it so much!
So while he's been outside digging and chopping I have been slowly working away on this project....
Remember this?? I blogged about it here

I've been slowly working on finishing the shelves over these holidays and I'm pleased to announce finally that THEY ARE DONE!
lookie lookie.... all nicely sanded and varnished - and I even used an electric sander! Who's proud?

How great does it look? Notice my Mod Podge has its own little place up on the shelf? It deserves to be up there because it's the greatest invention ever! and... see some of my buttons - colour organised and in their little jars? SO CUTE!
So anyway, part of the reason why we got these shelves is because the study needed organisation - serious organisation - it just became a junk room and I hated going in there - let alone trying to find anything in the mess! But now it is and will be my favourite room because... look...

It's perfect! It is now our office/craft/sewing room and has everything we need in here and its all perfectly and neatly organised! I LOVE IT!
Yay for the holidays and finishing projects and cleaning up! :-)




1 comments:
Brava!!
Post a Comment