Monday, December 28, 2009

A game with my husband.....

So, for christmas Matthew's brother Hugh got me a game called Pictureka.... it's a pretty cool game - this one is the card version of the game which has 4 different games you can play. Last night we played 3 of the games at Matthew's Mum and Dad's house after dinner (a family tradition which I LOVE)
Last night after we got home and Little Miss was asleep Matthew asked if I would play another game with him - this time playing the 4th game that we didn't play - it's called "Cow's Creative Combo".
The aim is to be the first to collect 4 mission cards by completing the missions on your own cards.

Each person gets 3 picture cards and 1 mission card - you get to chose 1 out of the 2 missions to complete and you have to match your 3 picture cards to that mission by going through a process of discarding cards and swapping them with other players - if you find 3 picture cards that have anything in them that match your mission then on your turn you lay them down and say how they match your mission - then other players get to agree or disagree.

Anyway, so Matthew and I are playing, and I've beaten him at a couple of rounds by this stage, and I can see he's getting a little frustrated at losing - something that doesn't go down too well with a very competitive person!

Next round it's Matthew's turn - he's got some cards that match his mission...

Here's his mission: A Male


The first picture card that matches his mission goes down:

I ask "How do you know that's a male"
Matthew looks at me and says, "Because he doesn't have boobs"
I reply, "How do you know it doesn't have boobs - it's wearing a big thick jacket that could be covering them, and anyway some people have little boobs"
Matthew's reply is "he's hunting - only guys hunt"
Oh really??
the answer comes back...."it's a male ok"
THE END...

The next picture card goes down: I don't argue with this one because I'm satisfied that this is a male


and then the final card goes down....

before I even have a chance to say something, Matthew say's "it's a male because he's wearing a tie" I say, "Avril Lavigne wears a tie and she's not a male" Matthew says, "ok then, he's wearing a hat" my reply, "but girl's wear hats too"

I get 'the look' (the 'I'm so competitive and if I don't win a round soon you're gonna be in big trouble' look and then the reply, "They're all male OK"

AND THAT'S THE END OF THE ROUND....

Anyone wanna play a game with us?? We really are very nice people to play games with!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Hahaha!

We never got to play games with you!! Would have been SO fun!! Hope you had a great Holiday!!