Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Old Times...

So lately I've been in this cleaning and sorting frenzy - I'll clean and sort anything that I can find - it's great! I'm loving every minute of it knowing that things in my house are all organised and have their own little homes. Last night for Family Home Evening I got Matthew into the study to sort out all the books on our bookcase - now it's all tidy.
Tonight I got Matthew to go downstairs to get my storage boxes full of all sorts of wonderful things that I just cant bear to part with but don't want them in my house staring at me all the time so that I could sort through them and maybe just maybe throw some stuff out.

This is what I found while going through them...

These were my VERY FIRST pair of glasses! I know sooooooo ugly - they look very manly to me but I have been told by Nan that these are the ones I chose all by myself and had a tantrum until I went home with this pair! (I also used to hide these glasses in the fridge when I didn't want to wear them) I now know why I hid them - they're so hideous I cant believe anyone ever let me wear them!

Now, for those of you who know me REALLY well, will know that when I was a teenager I was MADLY in love with a boy band called FIVE or 5IVE... Anyone remember them? I even got to go to the concert in Wellington for my 16th birthday - and I even stood right in the front row! Cool huh?? Well, it was cool at the time alright... anyway, while looking through my storage boxes I found these items...

A FIVE T-shirt, my FIVE Cap, and 3 books - two of which were given to me and the other I searched through heaps of TV Hits Magazines for every picture of the band that I could find! (I even have a FIVE video but it's still trapped downstairs in another box).

AWESOME HUH??

I also found these.... OH MY GOODNESS I couldn't stop laughing when I saw these ESPECIALLY the first one... Have a look, go on...

EWWWWWWWWW! Hahahaha... I wont say anything else on this matter...
Although, these ones are DEFINATELY an improvement.... See....

Heaps better! Thank Goodness!

One last thing I found... In a time capsule I had made a few years ago... I'm eagerly waiting for Matthew to open it so I can see what geeky things I wrote!

I cant wait to read it!

I love going through old things! It brings back lots of great memories and definately a lot of laughs! I had so much fun! Wonder what else I can find??

2 comments:

Angela said...

Priceless.

Alicia K said...

Five bad boys with the power to rock you,
Blowing your mind so you gotta get into
5, whatcha waiting 4, if you wanna
3, 2, 1, let's do it ..

Yeah i was a 5ive fan as well. And a few other bands. I was dancing around the other day 2 5ive with the kids. The lyrics mean so much more now that im older :S