Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mission: Keys...

So when we were at our friend's on Sunday afternoon (the same friend with the super organised filing cabinet) ... I see that they have a place beside the door to put keys in so they don't get lost... I like this idea very much! You see my wonderful husband thinks that his keys and wallet belong on top of the entertainment centre in the lounge - which drives me CRAZY!
So I start this conversation,

Jasmine - "we need something like that"
Matthew - "no we don't, i've already got a place for my keys thanks, and I know where to find them"
Jasmine - "yeah but it's on top of the entertainment centre and I really hate them being up there"
Matthew - "they're fine, I know where they are if they're up there"
Jasmine - "I've got the perfect place where we could put them and that can be the new place for you to remember"
Matthew - "what, on the bookcase by the front door"
Jasmine - "yeah! let's try it, I bet you'll get used to it, come on let's just give it a go"
Matthew - "so, what, are you going to get up with me every morning, and help me look for my keys, because they aren't on top of the entertainment centre, because they're in the new place"?
Jasmine - "YES! I will get up with you every morning and help you look for your keys and remind you that they're in the new place... I will do this until you remember where they are... just as long as they aren't on top of the entertainment centre I don't mind helping you everyday".

I then say, "come on, let's just try it"
This is what my wonderful husband says...

"Fine, will it stop this conversation if I do it"?

Jasmine - "YES!"
Matthew - "Fine we'll do it then"

Last night I tell my husband my plans for the next day, which include going to find something for the keys to go in, in the new place....

His reply.... "oh are you actually going to do it?"

DUH! Of course I am!....

DAY ONE...

BEAUTIFUL!

Top of Entertainment Centre.... CLEAR!

Mission: Complete!

1 comments:

Mandy said...

Why are men so resistant to change?? LOL! So funny.