Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Seperation Anxiety

Well... Little Miss now weighs 14lb 3oz and is 61cms long - this means that she is now almost too long for her bassinet. During the day she has been sleeping in her own room in the cot but won't sleep in there at night yet. Matthew suggested that we should put her in the bassinet in her own room so that she gets used to the room, then she would be ok when we transfer her into the cot at night.
Im a pretty relaxed parent, but when it comes to night times, at the moment I can't stand to be apart from her, and not having her next to me while we're sleeping really freaks me out! We cant put the cot in our room because there's not enough room. :-( so guess what I do? I set my alarm for every 2 hours so I can get out of bed and go and check on her through the night - just to make sure she's still ok... Is that bad? Does or did anyone else do that? Does it get better?
Am I Crazy?

3 comments:

AmiZOOKey said...

No. Not really. And Yes, you're quite insane.

Kim said...

You know I had to have Laurie in my room forever. Now he's off alone and it feels great. You get used to it. :-)

Angela said...

During those early months it's not just love, it's wisdom! They TELL you to keep them close, or at the very least, check often! And hey - I'm pro-attachment, so nothing you say can phase me!