Monday, June 29, 2009

And the winner is.....

On Sunday night's we go to Matthew's Mum and Dad's for dinner... after dinner it is tradition to play a board game... lately the game of choice has been Pictionary. This is because my dear husband will not play anything else but Pictionary - we did play Cranium once but he didn't like that because he might land on a square that makes him do something ridiculous like acting something out, or humming - things that he really doesn't like doing. We also played Scruples last week (this is a game of ethical dilemmas) and of course my husband did not participate - he would rather "watch" everyone else play, just incase someone asked him a question that he really didn't want to answer. We own the game of Balderdash... Many times we have been asked to bring this game to play but somehow it is conveniently left at home, and when we arrive my dear husband's reply is, "oh well, we'll just have to play Pictionary", and shortly after that comes the comment, "I hope you're ready to lose"

Anyway, the way the game goes is that there are usually 3 teams - my husband of course picks these teams - they are as follows: Erin & Naomi, Mum, Ammon & Patricia, and of course him and I. He tells me I must be his partner because if either one of us is on the winning team it may cause problems in our marriage due to the person who is on the winning team bragging. So last night the teams were picked and the game was about to begin... Ammon decided he did not like the arrangement of the teams so wrote down everyone's names on little pieces of paper, ripped them up and put them in the box to draw out the names for the teams.... What came out you ask? I'll tell you.... Team 1 - Erin & Naomi, Team 2 - Mum & Ammon, and Team 3 - Matthew & Jasmine.

"It's rigged" he exclaims... and proceeds to do it again... meanwhile Matthew is stubbornly defending his decision on who should be in each team saying, "Ammon, the teams have been decided you cant change them, I must go with my wife". This time Ammon asks Naomi to pull the names out... What came out? I'll tell you.... Team 1 - Erin & Naomi, Team 2 - Mum & Ammon, and yes that's right Team 3 - Matthew & Jasmine! My husband thinks that this is very funny and that it clearly must be a sign, and it cannot be changed, so we begin the game. A few rounds into the game and we have not moved from the starting square, this of course is my fault because i could not guess my dear husbands drawing of a cable car which looks like this:



(looks more like a car waiting to cross the railway lines with the barrier arm down to me).

We sit on the starting square for a while, because I'm not good at guessing his drawings, but then both Mum & Ammon, and Erin & Naomi get stuck on a green square (difficult) which gives us a chance to come back.... AND THAT WE DID! I am VERY happy to report that WE INDEED DID WIN (it was very close between us and Erin & Naomi - with both of us on the same square right at the end) But who cares cos we won. This made my husband VERY happy, and he laughed an evil laugh for quite sometime, exclaiming, "LOSERS".

Next week, we have to take Balderdash, because Erin is moving to Invercargill, and it's her request that we play that before she leaves.

Anybody want to play a game of Pictionary with us??? We're not competitive at all... well at least I'm not! :-P

2 comments:

Angela said...

I LOVE this post. LOVE it. Keep writing!

"Gamma" said...

I would have guessed wind up car???? lol