So Christmas is nearly here....
I feel different about christmas this year... I'm still excited but I feel the need to teach my children more about what christmas is really about rather than have Little Miss especially think about presents all the time. This year Matthew and I are not getting each other presents, we just have a few things for the kids... I've been through the kids drawers and toys numerous times and put things aside to donate and talked to Little Miss about the importance of giving. I've also decided that this year I want to focus on us having more time to spend together as a family, now that Matthew is working normal work hours... So I'm looking forward to doing some family activities. These are the things that I want my children to remember about christmas.
This is where I'm at right now....
Before I finished work and Since I have been on maternity leave especially, I have seriously been thinking about what is important in my life right now... I know that I have a great career and I have loved every minute of it, but I can't bear the thought of going back to work right now, especially with a tiny baby and 2 other children - one of which starts school in 3 months time! Eeeeek!
This is why I have made a decision to extend my maternity leave until the end of next year so that I can be home with my kids.. They are my top priority right now and I know that this is where I need to be right now.... In my home, with my family. I'll also be taking The Lad out of daycare once Little Miss starts school.... Because that's why I'm at home right?... To be with my kids.
We are very lucky and blessed that at the moment our finances allow for me to be at home... It's going to be very tight, and we will be on a VERY strict budget, but I'm looking forward to coming up with creative ways of stretching our money further. We have everything that we need, and I'll do anything to make sure that I can be at home with my little big family. Feel free to give me any advice/money stretching/recipes/free activities/things I can do with the kids while I'm at home.... I'm a sponge ready to take it all in.
I'm so grateful for a very hard working husband who understands my desire to be at home, and is supportive of this happening... I know I wouldn't be the wife and mother I am without his support.
I'm looking forward to this next chapter in my life! Any tips on having a 5 year old school child - juggling homework etc while raising two other kids?
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
/applause.
Post a Comment