Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Travel Prep...

So we're going on a holiday very soon - so excited!!!
I've been gathering little bits and pieces to keep Little Miss entertained...

Here's what I've come up with for her carry bag...


Left to Right.... Animal Lacing Cards, Write and Wipe books with whiteboard marker and duster, and a colouring book, stickers, crayons, a little notebook and a special pen.
She will also have the portable DVD player which will no doubt be screening Strawberry Shortcake or Dorothy the Dinosaur non stop, and she will have her Dolly Amy with her bottle, plate and spoon probably.

In my handbag I will have this collection of things as backup incase she starts to get bored of the things in her bag....


Left to Right... Glowsticks (it'll be dark when we arrive at our destination so I plan on pulling these out and having some fun in the dark), a wee selection of 'presents' that I got from the $2 shop - little games, a kaleidoscope, small magna doodle, some little rings - I plan on pulling one out every hour on the car ride if I need to... (if they don't all get opened then I'll keep them for the next long drive we do while on holiday),  and then some pipe cleaners.... hopefully her imagination will run wild and they'll keep her entertained for a while!

And the most important thing of all is of course the food!....


I've put together some snack bags... she'll have one on the plane, and maybe another on the car trip. I intend on jamming the others into my suitcase for our day trips. I've just put in chips, mandarins, le snak, museli bars, raisins, banana chips that sort of thing.

On another note, remember this post about how Little Miss chooses her clothes at night and dresses herself in the morning? I want to keep things as normal and as routine as I can while we are away so.... Behold....


Outfits in bags - now Little Miss just needs to choose which bag she wants and the days clothes are in there ready! Got the idea from here.
We'll also be taking her 3 favourite bedtime stories!

I think I've got everything covered!
So Excited!

2 comments:

CHD said...

Thanks for joining me over at mine. I love your organisation. Some great ideas there. Hope you had a lovely trip. Cx

Unknown said...

Love this, We are traveling soon and this is the kind of ideas I NEED. :)