Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Quiet Activity....

So the other day I was reading in the Little Treasures Magazine.... a little tip thing - one mother lets her daughter cut out food from the supermarket fliers, and glue them onto a trolley that she has drawn.... Today Little Miss and I made our version of the same thing as I thought it was a great idea for picture recognition and also for talking about good foods, treat foods etc.

Step 1:
Go through supermarket flier and cut out lots of pictures of different things...

Step 2:
Draw a trolley

Step 3:
Draw a shopping bag

Step 3 1/2:
Get excited all over again that you have your own laminator, and squeal with delight and clap your hands as you get it out of the cupboard

Step 4:
Laminate and cut out everything



Step 5:
Sellotape sides of the shopping bag together, and put the groceries in

Step 6:
Let the very excited little shopper now play with your awesome creation:


Step 7:
Clean up the mess from Step 1 while the Little Shopper observes you and refuses to help :-P

1 comments:

Angela said...

This is GREAT! I'M DOING IT! Thanks! (and I've pinned it - look out!)

Love that you're making it a conversation/learning thing too!