Since working full time I don't really have the energy to do the grocery shopping after work so my wonderful husband has taken on this responsibility while I stay home with Little Miss... this is a good thing for me as it stops unnecessary things finding their way into our trolley which means we don't spend as much on our groceries which is also a bonus, and also my Husband is great at comparing items and getting the ones that are best value for money which helps when the budget is a little tight too, and not to mention he's really good at sticking to what's on the list, whereas I tend to buy things because I swear they are calling to me!
Anyway,
Tonight onions was on the list... I'm talking just a couple of Onions as we ony need them for a couple of meals for this week (last time he came back with a small bag of onions which was ok - I wouldn't have minded that again actually)
This is what came home with him tonight...

It's the same size as a sack of Potatoes - BLESS HIM!
1 comments:
Onion fritters? I try and stick to the small bags or just buy a few because they start growing before they get to be eaten. If I have a heap of onions I make fritters - slice 4-5 onions, add a tablespoon of flour mixed with some curry powder, salt and pepper to taste, then add a couple of whisked eggs. Shallow fry and have them with soup or tomato sauce. Really yummy - quite sweet and nothing like onion.
Post a Comment