Monday, June 7, 2010

3 things on a Monday...

So I thought I hadn't written a blog post for ages... my husband kindly reminded me that its only been a week - still I panicked and felt some kind of withdrawal as I wondered what I could possibly blog about in my NEED to write one....

Today I have not one thing to write about but THREE!

1st thing...
Our Little Miss has lately become quite fond of pen and paper, and often likes to draw after we have written something - she also likes to draw pictures for our family back home as we write them letters often. Even though it's cute.... its been driving both of us mad as she throws some good tantrums when we take the pen away....

This is our solution...
Now she has her very own clipboard and paper with one of those pens on a chain attached to the clipboard - she LOVES it! (spot her $1 skirt??)
2nd thing....
Yesterday we took a few blocks to church to keep Little Miss entertained during sacrament meeting... I was sitting in church looking at the blocks - in a glad snaplock bag... I decided that was ugly so tonight I whipped up this beauty in half an hour... isn't that the sweetest fabric?? Total cost - $3 - I got the fabric from spotlight a couple of weeks ago when I was rummaging around in the bin of fabric squares. I love it and it was so easy to make.
and the 3rd thing...
Have you checked out Ange's blog? Especially the post about the busy day silhouettes... I've been wanting to make some for ages to go up in our laundry but just haven't had the time since i've started full time work... UNTIL..... Ange (who is such a sweetheart) sent me an envelope full of goodies including 3 busy day silhouette pictures!! I was so excited! So here are my pictures in frames hung in our laundry.... I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! Thanks heaps Ange!

They look perfect in there huh?
Hope you all had a wonderful long weekend and a well deserved day off (if you got to have one).

1 comments:

Angela said...

1 - love the clipboard. LOVE it.
2 - now want to make a bag for the blocks I'm creating (project of the moment, actually) and
3 - I'm pretty sure yours look better than mine. Drat. Hahaha.