So on Friday night we went out to get junk food and a DVD. On the way to get these things we passed a park near our house.... Matthew spotted some wood from trees that had been cut down there... he said "Hmmmmmm" and nothing else.... deep down I knew he would go back and get some because that's the kind of thing that my husband does (when they were getting new shelves at Countdown, my husband loaded up the van with some of the old shelves and they are now in our laundry with all of our food storage on them) he embarrasses me because I'm not the kind of girl that just picks up things off the side of the road... I was with Matthew when he got the old Countdown shelves - and I hid!
So anyway we come home, and it's getting late - off Matthew goes to get some wood.
This morning I wake up just before 6:30am to find an empty bed - first I wonder if I've pushed Matthew out of the bed and he's asleep on the floor.... nope not there, then I go into the lounge to see if he is asleep on the couch... nope not there either.... he's no where in the house! I then look outside... the van is gone!
Guess where he is? He's gone on an early morning mission to get some wood!

Here is our pile of wood.... thanks Dunedin City Council for chopping down your trees and leaving the wood right where my husband can see it!

I love my husband.... I love the way that he finds little things to help care for his family (even though they may be embarrassing ways) hee hee!
Isn't he wonderful!
1 comments:
I drove past your place the other day, and i saw all that wood right there. I smiled as i remembered this post.
Post a Comment