Monday, September 28, 2009

"TAKE THAT"

Today Little Miss and I took a sick day from work and pre-school - Little Miss has been sick and unsettled over the weekend, so we took a day off to make sure everyone is better and over their illnesses.
Today it is raining... quite a bit... (right now you're wondering what this has to do with anything??) Well you see my wonderful husband is a roofer - when it rains he cant work on a roof so he often gets sent home (Time for a career change I think!) ... Today was one of those days and to my delight he came home with a couple of DVD's and treats (this is what usually happens on a rainy day)
Today's movie was Wild Hogs, now let me set the scene.... The DVD is in the DVD player waiting to start and I am trying to get a few quick things done before I sit down to watch the movie... while completing my tasks I note that today's treats are Jaffa's, Hokey Pokey clusters and cheezels - I think to myself that the Jaffa's and Hokey Pokey Clusters would look perfect in the cake stand that Ange so lovingly made and gave us. I say nothing and continue on with my tasks.

I hear the rustle of the treat's packaging and say to Matthew, "are you going to put those in the cake stand"? .... a few minutes later they are in the cake stand. I am pleased.

Matthew then puts some cheezels into a bowl, and then he disappears, moments later to return with a plastic container that I no longer need in the kitchen cupboards... I am wondering what he is doing but still say nothing, hurrying to get my tasks finished

5 minutes later....
I'm finally finished my tasks and I walk into the lounge to see this...

I stare at it.... and stare some more.... and then my wonderful husband finally pipes up with a huge smile on his face and says, "If Angela can make a cake stand, then so can I!" followed by, "TAKE THAT ANGELA"!

He's so creative huh? (Just goes to show that guys do things the most logical and simple way unlike us women who fluff around to make everything all pretty, and worry about all the little details) oh we are so different aren't we?

I tell him to take a photo because this is DEFINATELY "blog worthy".

Oh how I love you Matthew! But I just want to say, Sorry Honey but your cake stand wont be permanently moving into our house.

0 comments: